Re: CD-ROM ide-dma blacklist amnesty drive

From: DervishD
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 15:33:07 EST

Hi Junio :)

* Junio C Hamano <junkio@xxxxxxx> dixit:
> PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W8432T
[...]
> If (1) you are a owner of one of the listed drives, and (2) you
> know your drive works fine with DMA, please speak up.
> It would especially be a big plus if your drive is on via82cxxx
> and did not have any trouble running it with DMA before 2.6.8.

Well, I happen to had such Plextor drive under a VIA 686B and it
worked good with DMA. At least, DMA was enabled and the drive never
issued a 'DMA disabled' error. This was under 2.4.10. I no longer
have that drive so I cannot make tests under a newer test. The drive
was used with success using both SCSI hostadapter emulation and IDE
driver. I think I have the logs of that time if you are interested.

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/