Re: [mm patch] oprofile: backtrace operation does not initialized

From: Akinobu Mita
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 09:56:30 EST

On Thursday 09 December 2004 23:22, Akinobu Mita wrote:

> Since the timer interrupt is the only way of getting sampling for oprofile
> on such environments. if no module parameters specified (i.e. timer == 0),
> then oprofile_timer_init() is never called. and I have got this error:

My first patch is not so bad, I think.

Or, It may be better to revert the return type of oprofile_arch_init()
from "void" to "int" to get the result of initialization.
Though I don't know when/why its interface was changed. and some
architectures (ppc, sh64, m32r) remain to have old interfaces in -mm.