Re: [<02282da7>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x4b) Disabling IRQ #5 - USBDevices do not work

From: Florian Krammel
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 16:04:21 EST

> > What chipset is the motherboard ?

I don't know, I don't have the motherboard manuals.
How can I get this information via software?

> > Windows XP and Linux may well hit the same problems with USB.

really? ;)

> > The latest FC3 kernel should have new enough -ac patches to run on boxes
> > with
> > totally broken BIOS IRQ routing. Try the boot option "irqpoll"

this is great, thank you! I get the error message but everything works

> > Ditto, and this is quite possibly the root cause. That suggests the BIOS
> > handover code for EHCI is insufficient for some cases (and it appears to
> > be looking at the code quickly - it should register IRQ 5 before doing a
> > handover which it does but it probably needs to just ack and mask IRQ 5
> > during the handover. It could be another device breaking IRQ5 however)
> >

> > What occurs if you build a kernel with EHCI disabled, ditto what occurs
> > if you boot with init=/bin/sh and then load ohci before ehci ?

I don't tested this because "irqpoll" solve my problem. Are you
interested in the result? I can try it.

thank you for help...

mfg
florian