qla2xxx fail over bug?

From: comsatcat
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 01:12:30 EST

Hello,

I'm doing fail over testing with a Qlogic 2344 (only using ports 1 and
2). I've successfully failed over from 1 port to 2, then failed back to
port 1, however, when I pull both cables, then plug in port 2 or 1, fail
over will not take affect. I am required to plug in both cables in
order to get the devices back online.

I got the following messages from the qla2xxx driver when I plugged a
single cable back in after pulling both:

Dec 6 23:05:26 fe-nntp-07 kernel: qla2x00: no more failovers for
request - pid= 2210820

This message would scroll continuously.

Any comments or ideas? Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks,
Ben