2.4.28 config prompts for EXPERIMENTAL features when shouldn't

From: Mike Castle
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 12:08:41 EST

I have a basic kernel config that I use for boot disks that has
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL set to no. Yet, with using my old 2.4.26 config with
2.4.28, I'm getting prompted for new experimental features:

NVIDIA SATA support (EXPERIMENTAL) (CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_NV) [N/y/m/?] (NEW)
Ethernet Gadget (EXPERIMENTAL) (CONFIG_USB_ETH) [M/n/?]
RNDIS support (EXPERIMENTAL) (CONFIG_USB_ETH_RNDIS) [N/y/?] (NEW)

The fact that CONFIG_USB_ETH was set in my 2.4.26 config seems to indicate
this is not a new problem. :->

mrc
--
Mike Castle dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/
We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan. -- Watchmen