Re: kernel development environment

From: Jim Nelson
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 19:06:55 EST

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
Lee Revell wrote:

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 22:40 +0100, Michal Schmidt wrote:

Lee Revell wrote:

In case you did not get the joke, Mozilla Mail is one of the WORST mail
clients for handling kernel patches. See the list archives.

Mozilla works fine if you send patches as attachments.

I still say it's broken.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/10/22/488

so don't use copy-paste. that idea is broken.

otoh, netscape/mozilla/thunderbird mail
all work fine (except that attachments are required,
instead of being able to insert patches inline).

After inadvertently helping to discover the bug in Mozilla, I use the sendpatchset script written by Paul Jackson at:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~pj99/sgi/sendpatchset

That lets people's patch-collecting scripts work properly, since (apparently) most of the m choke on the MIME headers from attachments.

If you need to connect directly to your ISP, Paul sent me a fix I can forward.