Re: [2.6 patch] selinux: possible cleanups

From: Stephen Smalley
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 11:05:18 EST

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 14:01, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> The patch below contains the following possible cleanups:
> - make needlessly global code static
> - remove the following unused global functions:
> - avc.c: avc_ss_grant
> - avc.c: avc_ss_try_revoke
> - avc.c: avc_ss_revoke
> - avc.c: avc_ss_set_auditallow
> - avc.c: avc_ss_set_auditdeny
> - ss/avtab.c: avtab_map
> - ss/ebitmap.c: ebitmap_or
> - ss/hashtab.c: hashtab_remove
> - ss/hashtab.c: hashtab_replace
> - ss/hashtab.c: hashtab_map_remove_on_error
> - ss/services.c: security_member_sid
> - ss/sidtab.c: sidtab_remove
> - remove the following unused static functions:
> - avc.c: avc_update_cache
> - avc.c: avc_control
>

> Please review and comment on which of these changes are correct and
> which conflict with pending patches for in-kernel users of the functions
> affected.

Thanks for working on these cleanups. I've separately submitted a patch
to export security_member_sid via selinuxfs, as it is part of the
security policy API and is needed for further work on security
polyinstantiation (e.g. multi-level directory support), so please remove
the diffs related to removing that function. Two other comments:
- Did you mean to make avtab_insert static (you only removed the
function prototype for it)?
- Shouldn't the AVC_CALLBACK_* definitions other than RESET be removed
since you are removing the other avc_ss interfaces?

Otherwise, the patch seems sane to me.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency