Re: Contribute - How to

From: Manu Abraham
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 07:20:27 EST

On Fri December 3 2004 2:17 pm, ram mohan wrote:
> way suggested looks interesting ..
> i was thinking of contributing in terms of device
> drivers/low level stuff .. searching for a todo list
> in this area..

Well, there's lot to be done, and contributors are less. It's just an
understanding of the hardware that you want to contribute to.

Contribution in the area of device drivers can range from small additions to
existing drivers and or totally new and or large drivers totally from the
ground up.

Well, it all depends just how well you know the hardware, writing a driver is
nothing more than a technical description of what the hardware can do in a
programming language.

Another area, could be sending in patches for bugs in existing drivers.

Manu