Re: [2.6 patch] OSS sb_card.c: no need to include mca.h

From: Paul Laufer
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 02:43:06 EST

mca.h is not needed in sb_card.c in 2.6.

At one point I thought I would include the 2.4 MCA code in the sb_card.c
rewrite for 2.6. The file was rewritten due to the ISAPnP interface
changes that came in mid 2.5, and the ugly state of the 2.4 code. I
ended up leaving the MCA code out because I didn't have any machines to
test it on, and didn't know of anyone interested in testing it. It
should be fairly trivial to re-integrate. It was only a few tens of
lines and fairly self-contained if I recall correctly.

Note, I'm not on LKML at this time since I'm concentrating on my
Master's degree.

Also, this is the correct address to reach me at, as noted at the top of
sb_card.c. Linus rejected my CREDITS file patches the last few times I
sent them in, so the address there is invalid.

-Paul

--
Paul Laufer <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>