Re: How to understand flow of kernel code

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 14:16:56 EST

Nick Warne wrote:
Interesting trivia. Krishna in hindi means "all attractive". The Greeks took the word and
over time it was corrupted into the word "Christ" which was later used for Jesus of Nazereth.
I lot of people probably don't know his last name actually came from the Vedic culture.

So I presume the 'Hare' bit came from that famous race with the tortoise...

JK'ing aside, good tips - I am trying to learn also to enable me to debug oops I get here and report properly back to the devs.

Besides reading the code, Denis Vlasenko <vda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> has written & posted:
Subject: [RFC] HOWTO find oops location, v2
on 2004.Aug.15. Find it in an lkml email archive.

--
~Randy