Re: kernel.org has severe performance problems

From: Ari Pollak
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 12:49:23 EST

I look forward to kernel.org getting better again. Is the source for diffview.cgi available anywhere on the web so that I can run it locally? diffview is the only reason I use the main kernel.org site anymore, since it seems to be the best way to view a whole patch at a glance that I have found.

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Just to let you know; kernel.org has been suffering for performance
problems lately, but in the last few days, for reasons we're not
really clear about, the performance problems seem to have spread to
the upload procedure. Thus, unfortunately, you might see long times
between uploading something and when things appear on the main
repository.

We are already in late-stage discussions with sponsors about new
hardware, so bear with us.

-hpa