Re: page fault scalability patch V12 [0/7]: Overview and performancetests

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 01:49:50 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
We need to be be achieving higher-quality major releases than we did in
2.6.8 and 2.6.9. Really the only tool we have to ensure this is longer
stabilisation periods.

I'm still hoping that distros (like my employer) and orgs like OSDL will step up, and hook 2.6.x BK snapshots into daily test harnesses.

Something like John Cherry's reports to lkml on warnings and errors would be darned useful. His reports are IMO an ideal model: show day-to-day _changes_ in test results. Don't just dump a huge list of testsuite results, results which are often clogged with expected failures and testsuite bug noise.

Jeff