Re: 2.6.10-rc2-mm4

From: Chris Wright
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 20:04:15 EST

* Jeffrey Mahoney (jeffm@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I took some more time to find a more optimal solution. Since ReiserFS is
> currently the only filesystem that cares about this, it's far easier to keep
> the whole mess internal to ReiserFS. The issue isn't about the treating of
> "private" files in reiserfs, but rather just to avoid the looping of xattr
> calls that selinux would create.

This sounds a bit better. BTW, which is the call chain that locks? smth like
open->permission->selinux_hook_does_getxattr->reiser_getxattr->open->permission?

<snip>
> As part of the reiserfs xattr subsystem initialization process, this patch
> copies the existing inode_operations structs and NULLs out the xattr
> operations.

This seems unecessary, just define the reiserfs_priv_foo structures
statically, like other inode ops. As it is, looks like it will get
re-run once for each mounted superblock.

thanks,
-chris
--
Linux Security Modules http://lsm.immunix.org http://lsm.bkbits.net