Re: intird.img file missing - cannot boot.

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 11:49:27 EST

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:18:22 +0200, John Que said:

> I use this intird-2.6.7.img image in boot (ext3 is not part of the kernel
> image).
> (I am working with Fedora with 2.6.7 , and with grub).

So use 'grub' to change the initrd line - use the arrow keys to select
the kernel you want to boot, hit 'e' for edit, then use the arrow keys
to select the initrd line, hit 'e' again, edit the line, then boot with
the edited line.

Not a kernel problem as long as there's a usable kernel/initrd *somewhere*
on your /boot. Now, if the kernel ate the filesystem and lost your initrd,
*that* would be a different story....