INVALID CHECKSUM error (In Linux Video Capture Interface?)

From: Michael Thomas Heath
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 09:50:58 EST

I recently underwent the effort to setup an older parallel Colour QuickCam on
Linux using the Video4Linux interface. However, when I went to boot, I got
an "INVALID CHECKSUM 0005" error:

3c59x: Donald Becker and others. www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
0000:00:09.0: 3Com PCI 3c900 Cyclone 10Mbps TPO at 0xd400. Vers LK1.1.19
***INVALID CHECKSUM 0005*** <6>Linux video capture interface: v1.00
Colour QuickCam for Video4Linux v0.05
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2

I've never encountered an error like this before; I asked around and people
suggested testing my RAM (Which I did, everything was fine), and recompiling
my kernel. I recompiled my kernel image, and used dd to copy to avoid errors
in the copying of the kernel.

I'd apreaciate you CC any replies to my home e-
mail, "Mike.Thomas.Heath@xxxxxxxxx"