Re: 2.6.10-rc2-mm4 - cifs.ko needs unknown symbol CIFSSMBSetPosixACL

From: Steve French
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 01:43:37 EST

Thanks I have just updated fs/Kconfig and fs/cifs/xattr.c in the patch (actually in the cifs bk tree) to make the cifs POSIX ACL enablement dependent on cifs xattrs and to properly ifdef that function as it was in the CIFSSMBGetPosixACL

Today I had also made some minor error mapping changes on errors when various types of servers don't support POSIX ACLs (the servers did not return consistent error messages).

The CIFS code has had major recent update (most importantly the cifs_readdir rewrite which can be enabled in mm by "echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/NewReaddirEnabled", but also the POSIX ACL support which will work to Samba 3.10pre server, and also various misc fixes).
If the testing of the readdir change goes ok, and the misc. Windows and Samba testing continues ok over the next few days I would like to push this up (although I will remove the /proc/fs/cifs/NewReaddirEnabled and the corresponding old cifs_readdir, and the old CIFSSMBFindFirst and CIFSSMBFindNext routines when I get additional feedback from the mm tree and users running the equivalent cifs only patch).

Let me know if you find any additional problems.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com