Query regarding current macro

From: Jagadeesh Bhaskar P
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 00:32:35 EST

Hi all,
I was going through the explanation of the current macro, and found out
that it was got by masking 13-bits LSB the esp register. So is it that
always the process descriptor will start at a location with the last 13
bits are 0??

I have read that both the kernel stack and process descriptor of a
process is stored in together in an 8KB page. Now the offsets in the
page should start from all bits 0, rite? So then why masking only the 13
bits LSB?? What is the significance of keeping that length at 13??

Please do help!!

TIA
--
With regards,