Re: pid_max madness

From: linux-os
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 21:07:15 EST

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz wrote:

Let's do:
#echo "-1" >/proc/sys/kernel/pid_max
#cat /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max
-1
#

Madness, isn't ?

I guess that isn't what author ment it to behave like.
Anyway, does it mean that after max unsigned value is reached pids are going to be negative in value ??

--
GJ
-

Seems to set them back to 300 on this system Linux-2.6.9. That's
an interesting side-effect. I like it! They never get much over
300 either!

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.9 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
Notice : All mail here is now cached for review by John Ashcroft.
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.