Re: [netdrvr] netdev-2.6 queue updated

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 12:13:37 EST

Zhu, Yi wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

The most notable thing is the addition of HostAP.

How about move HostAP 802.11 stack and crypt related files to
net/80211? It is generic and some other drivers (i.e. ipw2100) share
the code. Do you receive patches to do this?

Jouni mentioned he wanted to do a few things before we started renaming?

I would like someone at Intel to submit the ipw drivers, and start working on them via the wireless-2.6 tree eventually[1]

Jeff

[1] once we have permission to put the firmware in the kernel