Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc1-mm3-V0.7.25-1

From: Florian Schmidt
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 08:39:31 EST

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:26:46 -0600
"K.R. Foley" <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > `IRQ 8` [14] is being piggy. need_resched=0, cpu=0
> >
> > and the machine locked. will build with debugging and try to reproduce.
> >
> > flo
> >

> Did you get any other messages in the log? This message is harmless as
> far as the machine locking. This gets printed from rtc when a read of
> /dev/rtc is missed before another interrupt arrives.

I see. I have rebuilt and run the kernel with debugging, but it seems the
console dump is pretty useless when an ncurses app is running on the active
console (1 line at the bottom showed that there was more output, but i
couldn't see it). Will rerun and try to reproduce again without any ncurses
stuff running :)

flo