RE: GPL Violation of 'sveasoft' with GPL Linux Kernel/Busybox +code

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 05:27:28 EST

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 15:24 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> As a GPL code provider their duties to you are to the source to the GPL
> code they gave you binaries for (or other variant options in the
> license). They end there. I don't have to give your friend a copy, I
> don't have to give you updates.

Er, not quite. Unless they accompany the binary with the complete
machine-readable source code, they're obliged to make the source
available to any third party, not just to the recipient of the binaries.

I assume from the "you ask for it and we don't want to talk to you any
more" that they are not actually including the source with the binaries.
So you just get your friend to ask for the source, and they must give it
to him without stopping _your_ updates.

--
dwmw2