Re: [uml-user] Harddisk Shutdown while UML Guest Shutdown

From: Roland Kaeser
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 01:18:59 EST

Hello

To Your questions:

> does this happen w/o the SKAS patch?
I don't have tried it. I will do it today

> uml is triggering a host OS bug
A host OS bug? How can I get this out from the machine?

As I wrote in a later mail, at the time the harddisk spins down, the uml kernel
causes a memory error. (German: Speicherfehler) core dump.

I will try to setup a test machine which You can access to test it by Yourself, I
think i can't discribe it completely enough to give You a point for a solution.

Roland