Re: RFC: [2.6 patch] ieee1394 cleanup

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 18:31:55 EST

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 04:28:58PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> Need to leave the csr1212 files alone. csr1212.[ch] is used for userspace
> and kernelspace, and I don't want to have two versions.

But in this case, these functions don't have to be EXPORT_SYMBOL'ed?

And besides this, they are global functions meaning that although they
are never used inside the kernel, they need space for every user of
FireWire.

What about wrapping them inside #ifndef __KERNEL__ ?

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed