Re: status of DRM_MGA on x86_64

From: Thomas Zehetbauer
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 13:18:39 EST

Could you or someone else please explain the problem?

From rom what I have read it seems that userland acesses some bitness
dependent kernel structures. Fixing this would mean to use architecture
independent structures in both kernel- and userland and break existing
applications.

As a user I would be satisfied if DRI is available for 64-bit
applications on x86_64 and 32-bit applications do not cause the kernel
to crash.

Tom

PS: I have Fedora running on a dual Opteron system with a Matrox
Millenium G550, tell me if you want to test something.

--
T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Attempting to apply the OSI layers model to a real network is just like
attempting to represent seven dimensions in four dimensional reality.