Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: 2.6.10-rc1-mm2: intelfb/AGP unknown symbols

From: Antonino A. Daplas
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 06:27:11 EST

On Saturday 30 October 2004 16:28, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > The removal of 3 "unneeded exports" in bk-agpgart.patch conflicts with
> > code adding usage of them in Linus' tree:
>
> that makes me really really curious why the fb driver calls into the
> backend and not just the agp frontend layer like the rest of the world
> does...

Because all functions in the frontend are marked static and are accessible
only via ioctl.

Anyway, I think the drivers can make do without the
agp_backend_acquire/release() functions, since all they do is
increment/decrement a use count field. I don't know about agp_copy_info()
but it might be possible to get the agp information from pci_dev structure.
This part I'm not sure.

What's wrong with exporting the symbols back again?

Tony