Re: [2.6 patch] i2c it87.c: remove an unused function

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 22:12:36 EST

Hi Adrian & all,

> The patch below removes an unused function from drivers/i2c/chips/it87.c
> (...)
> -static inline void
> -superio_outb(int reg, int val)

For information, this function was most likely there for the case we
would implement the force_addr module parameter for this driver (see the
w83627hf driver in the same directory for an example of that).

That said, I have no objection to the removal of this function. We can
still add it back later if we ever need it.

Thanks,
Jean