The requested ruling (Was: BK kernel workflow)

From: Scott Lockwood
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 12:19:04 EST

Ha! I found it faster on Slashdot than from our Librarian. Please note
that I am not a lawyer (I'm the IS guy/server monkey), but am in arms
reach of one at just about all times. I can ask someone to read this, and
see if they agree with the below:

Here's a link to the ruling in question. To quote Slashdot on it, "Some
highlights from the ruling are: A clickthrough EULA isn't unconscionable
(and thus enforceable); Fair Use rights can be waived in a EULA; First
Sale rights (!) can be waived in a EULA; The DMCA's interoperability
provisions are not a defense."

http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/doc/2004/bnetd_30sep.pdf

BK's EULA is similarly enforceable.

The horse is dead - you can stop beating it now.