Re: 2.6.9-mm1: LVM stopped working (dio-handle-eof.patch)

From: Jeff Chua
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 00:01:50 EST

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:52:20PM +0800, Jeff Chua wrote:
I'm using 2.6.10-rc1 and got the following error ...
# lvcreate -L 100M -n lv01 vg01
device-mapper ioctl cmd 0 failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
striped: Required device-mapper target(s) not detected in your kernel
lvcreate: Create a logical volume

But that's *not* the dio problem we're discussing in this thread.
It's saying userspace communication with device-mapper isn't working,
most likely because there's something wrong with the way your
system creates /dev/mapper/control when booting or the ioctl
compatibility code (what architecture?).

doesn't make any sense to me. Why would 2.6.9 works then?
Architecture is Intel running on IBM X31 notebook.

Never had LVM problem until 2.6.10-rc1. It just went dead.

Jeff.