md and multipathing

From: Phy Prabab
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 19:47:07 EST

Hello everyone!

I have a question concerning md driver: is there a way
to have a multipath md that is mulitplexed? That is I
have seen that when I create a multipath device, the
device only uses on channel, always seems to be the
first channel I use in the command line, to drive path
even if I do not specify the second channel as a spare
device?

I am using mdadm with 2.6.9 kernel.

mdadm --create --force -lmp -n2 /dev/md0 /dev/sda
/dev/sdc

iostat always shows data flowing across only one
channel as if the second device is in passive mode
waiting for failover.

Thank you for your time.

Phy