Re: set blksize of block device

From: Shesha B.
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 11:39:18 EST

Firstly you cannot set the block size to lesser than 512.

When there is a request for the IO, you populate "struct req" data
structure which you will pass it to the kernel or lower level SCSI/SATA
driver. In the "struct req" there is a field "b_size" which may be what
you are interested in. At the user level you can use the IOCTLs to set
the block size of the RAW block device.

-Shesha

--
.-----.