Re: NUMA node swapping V3

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 11:18:21 EST

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> I thought even the SGI people were saying this wouldn't actually help you,
> due to some workload issues?

Our tests show that this does indeed address the issue. There may still be
some off node allocation while kswapd is starting up which causes some
objections but avoiding these would mean significant modifications to
__alloc_pages. This is a fix until a better solution can be found which I
would estimate to be 3-6 months down the road given the difficulties
getting vm changes into the kernel.