Re: 2.6.9 page allocation failure. order:0, mode:0x20

From: Michael Clark
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 09:51:28 EST

On 10/28/04 22:11, Michael Clark wrote:
On 10/28/04 17:40, Andrew Morton wrote:

I'm confused. 2.6.9 uses __GFP_NOWARN in add_to_swap() so the messages
should be suppressed. Are you sure you're using 2.6.9?

Ya is 2.6.9, has uml-skas patch also but that doesn't touch swap_state.c

Ah, I see I think, radix_tree_node_alloc first calls kmem_cache_alloc
with root->gfp_mask and only if this fails dips into the preloaded
percpu node stash. Perhaps root->gfp_mask has !__GFP_NOWARN

Shouldn't it use the preloaded nodes that have been reserved anyway.

From my other traces - looks like as_get_io_context also needs to use
__GFP_NOWARN in get_io_context as a NULL return appears to be handled.
This is the only other noise i'm getting in my tests.

~mc