Re: [0/3] PATCH Kprobes for x86_64- 2.6.9-final

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 06:51:30 EST

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 05:02:08PM +0530, Prasanna S Panchamukhi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below are the Kprobes patches ported to x86_64 architecture.
> I have updated these patches with suggestions from Andi Kleen.
> Thanks Andi for reviewing and providing your feedback.
> These patches can be applied over 2.6.9-final. Please
> see the description in the individual patches.
>
> Please review and provide your feedback.

The patch is not ready to be applied yet. You didn't address
some issues from the last review.

Like I still would like to have the page fault notifier
completely moved out of the fast path into no_context
(that i386 has it there is also wrong). Adding kprobe_runn
doesn't make a difference.

And the jprobe_return_end change is wrong, my suggestion
was to move it into the inline assembler statement. Adding asmlinkage
doesn't help at all
(I think i386 gets this wrong too)

-Andi