Re: Linux 2.4.28-rc1

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 20:23:05 EST

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:33:34 -0200, Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > - Robert White: usbserial hangup on disconnect
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108114071200002&r=1&w=2
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108114073600529&w=2
> >
> > - V Ganesh: ipaq, hangup tty on usb disconnect
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=109049411609590&w=2
>
> Pete, can you take a look at these?

I already did, I just keep procrastinating. Better is an enemy of good.
I wanted to adopt 2.6 style refcounting, because there's a possibility
of oops lurking in 2.4 code. That would move the hangup call into the
close/release path.

The top part of V. Ganesh's patch with a missing initialization you already
have in -rc1. The bottom part Robert's patch covers (modulo the relocation
of the whole fragment).

I'll make a better 2.6 style patch as soon as I can. Maybe today even.

-- Pete