Re: news about IDE PIO HIGHMEM bug

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 19:08:43 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
To repeat what I said in IRC ... ;-)

Actually, you could check this with the pfns being the same when >> MAX_ORDER-1.
We should be aligned on a MAX_ORDER boundary, I think.

However, pfn_to_page(page_to_pfn(page) + 1) might be safer. If rather slower.

I think this is the wrong level of interface exposed. Just add two hepler
kmap_atomic_sg/kunmap_atomic_sg that gurantee to map/unmap a sg list entry,
even if it's bigger than a page.

Why bother mapping anything larger than a page, when none of the users need it?

Jeff

P.S. In your scheme you would need four helpers; you forgot kmap_sg() and kunmap_sg().