Re: 2.6.10-mm1, class_simple_* and GPL addition

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 16:45:35 EST

> I don't want to start a flame war and long discussion, just want to ask
> wether this change (to _GPL) was intended, and if yes, if there is a way
> to fix nvidia kernel modules (or others) using this device management
> interface.

From:
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0110.2/0369.html

EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() may only be used for new exported symbols, Linus
has spoken. I believe the phrase involved killer penguins with
chainsaws for anybody who changed existing exported interfaces.

not sure if this applies or not to the class_simple interfaces,
probably not but just FYI....
there is no reason NV or who ever can't implement their own non-simple
class ....

Dave.