Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 12:32:37 EST

Lee Revell wrote:
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 17:17 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

Here is a more up to date version of the rtc-debug patch:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/9/9/307

There is still a bit of 2.4 cruft in there but it works well. Maybe
this could be included in future patches.

the most natural point of inclusion would be Andrew's -mm tree i think
:-)

Well I suspect from looking at the comments :-) that he would not
include it in its current form due to the way it just checks whether the
process opening the RTC is called "amlat" and updates the RTC histogram
if so. I am not sure what a clean way to do this would be, maybe an
ioctl()?

Anyway I am generating a cleaned up version of the patch agaqinst
2.6.9-mm1.

Lee

Actually if you are cleaning it up anyway, could you fix it to work with Ingo's changes to rtc.c? If not I will be glad to do it. Up until one of the last couple of versions of RT PREEMPT it applied cleanly, but I just tried it and it failed.

kr