Re: news about IDE PIO HIGHMEM bug (was: Re: 2.6.9-mm1)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 10:24:54 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
We have stuct page of the first page and a offset.
We need to obtain struct page of the current page and map it.

Opening this question to a wider audience.

struct scatterlist gives us struct page*, and an offset+length pair. The struct page* is the _starting_ page of a potentially multi-page run of data.

The question: how does one get struct page* for the second, and successive pages in a known-contiguous multi-page run, if one only knows the first page?

Jeff