Re: Fixing MTRR smp breakage and suspending sysdevs.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 22:30:34 EST

Hi.

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 13:20, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 09:48 pm, Li, Shaohua wrote:
> > >One thing I have noticed is that by adding the sysdev suspend/resume
> > >calls, I've gained a few seconds delay. I'll see if I can track down
> > the
> > >cause.
> > Is the problem MTRR resume must be with IRQ enabled, right? Could we
> > implement a method sysdev resume with IRQ enabled?
>
> If I understand correctly the point of classifying device as sysdev is
> that it (device) is essential for the system and must be suspended last
> and resumed first, presumably with interrupts off. IRQ controller comes
> to mind...

Yes, but could we not do something like the process with regular
devices. ie a call with interrupts disabled and then a similar call with
interrupts enabled?

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

Everyone lives by faith. Some people just don't believe it.
Want proof? Try to prove that the theory of evolution is true.