sata related hang with linux-2.6

From: Ramon de Ruiter
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 16:26:40 EST

Hello,

About once every three times i power-on my pc, it won't load the OS.
When the kernel is at the point of initializing my harddisk, it just
hangs with error message:

IRQ 10: Nobody cared!
(the following about 20 times and with different codes and messages for the "...":)
[c01061da>] ...
Disabling IRQ# 10 ata1: dev 0 ATA, max UDMA/100, 4d88960 sectors.

I'm not able to capture it decently but perhaps i
could make a decent photo of it if necessary.
When this happens, i reset the system and then it boots just fine.

I have a Abit motherboard with Nforce2 chipset and Silicon Image
Sata(raid) controller (CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_SIL) I have a 20G ide disk
attached to the Sata controller via a "serillel" converter and Sata
cable. I don't think the serillel part is the problem since i found
someone else, he's on CC, with native sata who expierences the same error.

I now use the 2.6.9 kernel but the problem is also reproducable with
2.6.7, 2.6.8 and a few kernels i tried before these.

Is such a bug already known, and what can i do to help?

Ramon.