Re: My thoughts on the "new development model"

From: Espen Fjellvær Olsen
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 09:42:52 EST

The only reason that i brought this up again was that, as written
before, the kernel contains very much bad code. Very much could be
redone to gain both speed and security, imho.
I don't think such a brainstorm is going to happen within a 2.6 "stable" tree.
We need a 2.7 tree for this, then people might want to experiment with
rewrinting old code.

But im not an expert on the Linux kernel, i have no idea really.
I just startet to using 2.5/2.6 at some of the last 2.5 kernels.
That was a whole new world, you could really feel the improvments over 2.4.

--
Mvh / Best regards
Espen Fjellvær Olsen