Re: Versioning of tree

From: David Vrabel
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 08:00:21 EST

Ryan Anderson wrote:

Well, I didn't think make-kpkg was doing anything horribly unexpected,
so I didn't to test that. I'll do a test run now to see what happens,
though.

I think there might be problems when you use make-kpkg's --append-to-version option. make-kpkg works out what the original version string should be and then tacks the extra bit on before overriding the original version.

More an argument for fixing make-kpkg to be less stupid I suppose.

Of course, the tool I'm using was derived from make-kpkg some time ago and could be broken and the proper (and newer) make-kpkg works fine.

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK Web: http://www.arcom.com/