Re: HARDWARE: Open-Source-Friendly Graphics Cards -- Viable?

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 07:18:41 EST

In article <20041024181757.GA28994@xxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> I wonder what interest there might would be in an open source
> one-time-password secure id type card?

Yes, I would like to see that also. Maybe a USB Dongle with display. That
will require only small and simple components.

> Not sure how easy it would be to make reset/resync the card to
> the server random sequence via something - serial/usb/ethernet?

Better do it like RSA, keep resync records in the server and not allow any
electronical interaction with the tokens.

> Something like an rsa secureid card but open source server?
> I am sure community could help program the server side?

I think there are actually enough OTP Implementations out there, which can
be somewhat abused. Personally I would love to see a simple opie
entry/output device with no clocking at all.

Greetings
Bernd
--
eckes privat - http://www.eckes.org/