Small bug in e100?

From: Esben Nielsen
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 01:41:47 EST

Hi,
I am getting a warning - with a stack trace - from the e100
ethernet device when I do ifup eth0 when I use it on Igno's real-time
branch. I do think, however, it is a general bug but I am not sure.
The problem is the call to enable_irq() just after request_irq() (see
below). As far as I can read from request_irq()/setup_irq()
in manage.c the irq is already being enabled in setup_irq()? If so the
enable_irq() line below ought to go.

Esben

>From drivers/net/e100.c:
if((err = request_irq(nic->pdev->irq, e100_intr, SA_SHIRQ,
nic->netdev->name, nic->netdev)))
goto err_no_irq;
e100_enable_irq(nic);
-> enable_irq(nic->pdev->irq);