Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Jon Masters
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 06:25:29 EST

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:11:25 -0600, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I won't be "re-writing" anything. I've written something different that
> takes all the Linux device drivers, application layer, and a handful
> of file systems, and drops out most of the core of Linux, and these
> drivers I suspect will get rewritten over time.

Are you shipping or providing this to customers?

> Since it's all open source anyway, doesn't really matter.

You must, of course, be aware of your GPL obligations if you were to
be shipping such a system to the world? I would hate to hear that you
were violating the GPL yourself Jeff.

In fact, let's go one stage further with this - Jeff Merkey, *prove*
you're not in violation.

Jon.