Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 11:24:00 EST

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:11:55PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:
> >
> > I know I'm pedantic but can we all see the list of bk trees ("patches
> > ready for mainstream" and "patches eventually ready for mainstream")
> > that we'll be used by Linus ?
>
> Even _I_ don't have that kind of list.

I don't know how you could have that sort of list. We have some idea
of the potential size of that list and it's huge. Based on the lease
requests back to us (BK is lease based, it connects back to us once a
month), we estimate that there well over 10,000 clones of the Linux kernel
in BK. If even 1/10th of those are going to have a patch for Linus that's
1,000 potential patches. Pretty hard to keep that all in your head.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com