Re: bkbits - "@" question

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 11:00:18 EST

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 09:26:39PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:

> The web pages on bkbits.net contain email addresses. This is probably
> about a 4 year too late question but would it help reduce spam if we
> did something like s/@/ (at) / for all those addresses?

Assuming all people who have contributed to the Linux kernel also used
their email address at least once to mail to linux-kernel, it wouldn't
gain much.

I had a new email address, mailed to lnux-kernel, and less than 24 hours
later the first spam mails arrived at this address.

And the spammers aren't dumb. These @-replacements are that commen that
I'd be surprised if they still have a significant effect.

> What are all of you doing to filter spam?

500 Spams/day
Bogofilter catches > 95%

cu
Adrian