Re: The naming wars continue...

From: Chuck Ebbert
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 08:23:38 EST

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 at 18:15:49 -0700 William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> I'm sure you have a well-founded logically consistent self-consistent
> method of defining what release candidates are; unfortunately hordes of
> others do, too, and their notions are in turn all subtly inconsistent
> with yours and each other's, and they're all relatively vocal about them.

Others are arguing about _subtle_ differences; what Linus did was huge
by comparison. It's as if they were discussing what shade of red to call
something and Linus came along and declared it green!

"Release candidate" means candidate for release. Simple and easy to
understand, no? Does Linus plan on possibly releaseing -rc1 as 2.6.10
tomorrow? I don't think so...

I plan to start testing 2.6.10 upon its final release.

--Chuck Ebbert 23-Oct-04 09:18:15