Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Bernd Petrovitsch
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 07:37:13 EST

[ again Cc: trimmed ]

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 21:37, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>
> SCO Just sent over a list of contaminated files with a "bill of health"

So please put all that stuff (which surely includes verifiable proofs of
the claims) on some web page so that everyone can check on his own if
the claims are not as completely false as all the previous ones.

[...]
> If you guys want the specific line numbers and filenames, I will ask
> them to post the specific filenames/line numbers they claim

Especially the reasoning behind the claim is interesting - without such
reasoning there is absolutely no reason to believe a word.

> are theirs. They stated we can ship Linux with fear of being sued if we
> comply with their Linux Certification Program.

So why do you want to do it in the first place?

Bernd
--
Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55