Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 02:59:16 EST

jmerkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 04:32:54PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

Jeff mate, I think you've missed the SCO boat by about 12 months!

Nick

PS. I love all the stories about your peyote trips. Can you start
another mailing list and post them all there instead of here so I
don't miss any installments, please? :)

Yeah. The new list will be at www.gadugi.org (means working together
in Cherokee) at the Cherokee Nation tribal complex in Tahlequah
Oklahoma. Don't worry, I'll post bugs I find and interesting
patches from time to time. The stuff I write that's worth lots of $$$ however, I will put here. There's some new open source development starting there in about a month.

Come join us. We are sovereign in the US and SCO, Novell, IBM and anyone else's legal crap goes nowhere. You have to go to the Congress of the United States and find a treaty to litigate or get them to pass an act before someone can even sue us. if SCO want to sue us for IP infringement in the US, good luck,
and our agreements with other companies like IBM and others
canot be attacked in court -- they have sovereign immunity.

Want to move development there and use our license....

Think about it. Someone needs to thrw Darl McBride a bone,
he's getting that hungry look in his eyes again ..... Nick
you are invited to Cherokee Nation to hang out and so are all
your Linux friends.

:-)

Jeff